I don’t get a lot of high end models like the Collings D3 through from Bill Collings, but when I do I’m always bowled over by the classically understated aesthetic … the jet black bound fingerboard with no face markers (just the all important side dots) … the bound Brazilian rosewood peghead highlighted with gold plated Waverlys … just a hint of flash with the premium Paua shell rosette … BOY this thing looks good!
After I get over the shock of how authoritative this instrument sounds when playing aggressive rhythm work I can really start to appreciate just how solid sounding the trebles on Bill’s guitars are. That is not a particularly easy feat when making a dreadnought, believe me. This dreadnought has the entire package, the required gale-force low end, that wonderful dry woody traditional midrange register and trebles that will slice through a fiddle like a hot knife through warm butter!!!
* 1 11/16″ wide polished bone nut
* bound ebony fingerboard
* bound peghead
* gold plated precision Waverly tuners
* Brazilian rosewood peghead veneer
* dart peghead volute
* soft-V neck profile
* 25 1/2″ scale length
* master grade Sitka spruce top
* pre war scalloped bracing
* premium Indian rosewood back & sides
* custom D3 center back marquetry
* grained ivoroid body binding
* Paua shell rosette
* dark ‘tortoiseshell’ pickguard
with polished beveled edge
* ebony belly bridge
* 2 3/16″ string spacing at bridge
* intonation compensated polished bone saddle
* $4230 USD including deluxe hardshell case
You can preview our videos now on Our YouTube Channel!
You can now Visit our Facebook page!