no images were found
This instrument is no longer available. This post is maintained for historical reference purposes.
Some guitars have a well balance sound and some guitars have a lush three dimensional tone but not many can claim both! The new Sapele mahogany OM from the workshop of Sergei de Jonge does just that.
This wonderfully comfortable OM style body features a highly figured “pomelle” Sapele mahogany sides and back and a bear claw Sitka spruce top. The wavy quilting of the Sapele is so deep you would swear you could feel the ridges and 3D look completely captivates the eyes. The body is bound with Bubinga and the matching Bubinga peghead overlay and sound hole rosette add a subtle but striking frame for the tone woods. The french polish is immaculate and allows the tones wood to really breath and come to life.
This guitar has an incredible organic quality with lots of midrange frequencies that stack up to produce a bloom and give the overall tonality extra girth. The bass response is tight and well defined and the trebles are crisp but never harsh which help to produce that three dimensional quality with a strong note fundamental. Light to medium strumming sounds great on this guitar but it is really a finger style players dream come true! Whether you use this guitar for writing, performing or your main studio piece this is a tone that is truly wonderful!!
* 1 3/4″ wide polished bone nut
* bound ebony fingerboard with front and side pin stripes
* 25 1/4″ scale length
* adjustable truss rod
* Bubinga peghead veneers
* mahogany neck with medium elliptical profile
* Bearclaw Sitka spruce top
* Bubinga soundhole rosette
* clear dimensionally stable mylar pickgaurd
* Highly figured Sapele back and sides
* Bubinga body binding
* ebony bridge
* Gold Gotoh 510 tuners with ebony buttons
* intonation compensated bone saddle
* 15 1/4″ wide lower bout dimension
* 4 1/4″ deep sides
* French Polish finish
* arched top plush lined hardshell case