The DG-300 is the first Signature Series guitar from the Gitane company. This instrument was made to John Jorgenson’s specifications and features hand-selected solid spruce top, eye-catching Brazilian rosewood used for the back and sides, a custom designed mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard – shaped to John’s specific dimensions, and tortoise style body binding.
This instrument is one of the most striking looking Selmer style guitars I have ever seen and has the authentic Django Reinhardt tone that we have all heard from the Hot Club period!!! As we have come to expect from Gitane, this instrument is also extremely reasonably priced!
* 1 3/4″ wide at zero fret
* ebony fingerboard
* 26 5/8″ scale length
* gold plated tuners
* special oval mother-of-pearl position markers
* premium bookmatched Sitka spruce top
* ‘tortoiseshell’ body binding, tailpiece insert
* intonation compensated bridge
* 2 3/16″ string spacing at bridge
* laminate Brazilian rosewood back & sides