Today, we are proud to feature a very special guitar: the Martin D-28 1995 CFM IV 55th Birthday Anniversary model. Built in honor of Chris Martin’s continuing dedication to the Martin Guitar Company, this guitar is a historic reissue based on the specs of a 1955 D-28. To celebrate Chris Martin’s 55th birthday, Martin is building 55 of these beautiful guitars. We have only 1 available; numbered 24/55.
Historical details aside, this piece is a perfect example of why the D-28 has continued to be one of the most popular guitars in the world for almost 80 years. It is responsive to a light right hand attack; yielding a smooth sustain even at lower volumes. On the flip side, it has power and volume that will impress any heavy flat picker. The low end is full without getting mushy, while the note attack is clear and precise enough to cut through any group of instruments.
Some guitars are built with a very defined sound that fills a certain role, while others are able to perform beyond such limitations. When I sat down with the D-28 1955 CFM IV, I was able to simply play….. the guitar responded to whatever I did with beautiful tone across the board. It is truly a joy to listen to.
* Dovetail Neck Joint
* Solid Sitka Spruce Top
* Standard ”X” Rear-Shifted Top Bracing
* Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16” Top Braces
* Solid Madagascar Rosewood Back
* Grained Ivoroid Binding
* Modified V Neck Profile
* Bone Nut 1-11/16″
* Solid/Long Diamond/Square Taper (1950s Rounded Corners) Headstock
* Solid Madagascar Rosewood Headplate
* Solid Ebony Fingerboard
* 25.4” Scale length
* Nut Width: 1-11/16”
* Gloss Nitro finish w/ Aging Toner
* Satin Neck Finish
* Solid Ebony Bridge 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop In Long Bone Saddle
* Kluson Nickel Waffleback Tuners w/ Oval Buttons
* Bone Bridge and End Pins w/ Black Dots
* Interior Label: Signed By CFM IV, Numbered 24 of 55