Fingerstyle guitarist Laurence Juber’s relationship with the C.F. Martin company started in 2002 with the introduction of the OMC-VLJ. The year 2004 saw two more Limited Edition “Jubers” sporting Indian and Brazilian rosewood back & sides. Building on the overwhelming success of these instruments, Martin has come out in 2006-2007 with this EXTREMELY attractive OMC-28M utilizing premium Adirondack spruce top and brace wood in conjunction with rare Madagascar rosewood back & sides!
Madagascar Rosewood (dalbergia baroni) trees are very small and it is extremely difficult to acquire full 1/4 sawn backs. Dalbergia baroni has all of the attributes of the old Brazilian Rosewood – brilliant, deep colors (red/orange, red/brown, brown, purple/brown) with intense black line patterning and a clear ringing tap tone that contributes a wonderful immediacy of response and clarity … especially in Orchestra Model instruments!
Each edition of these Laurence Juber Signature guitars has had one thing in common … classically unpretentious good looks!!! I absolutely love the simple-but-timeless aesthetic of an unadorned ebony fingerboard on a modified-V neck that is wedded to an Orchestra Model body with a gorgeous Venetian cutaway!
None of this means anything of course, unless the instrument plays and sounds as good as it looks. Well … our experience with Martin’s 1/4″ scalloped strutting on an OM body has been invariably very very positive indeed! Add to this winning combination … a bone nut & saddle, fossil ivory bridge pins, a master grade Adirondack spruce top and some rare Madagascar rosewood and we get one of the nicest sounding Martin fingerstyle guitars to come through our store in ages!
* 1 3/4″ bone nut
* genuine Waverly W-16 precision tuners
* vintage-style “dart” peghead volute
* modified V neck profile
* 25.4″ scale length
* ebony fingerboard
* adjustable truss rod
* one-piece tropical mahogany neck
* hand-fit dovetail neck joint
* OM body shape with Venetian cutaway
* Adirondack spruce top
* fine herringbone top marquetry
* Golden Era style soundhole rings
* 1/4″ scalloped Adirondack spruce braces
* premium Madagascar rosewood back & sides
* “zipper” backstrip marquetry
* ebony bridge with 2 1/4″ string spacing
* intonation compensated bone saddle
* fossil ivory bridge pins and end pin
* plush Geib 5-ply case