The “Blacktop” finish has a rich history in the mandolin world, dating back to the very early 1900’s. Bill Collings occasionally builds one of his popular MTO model mandolins with upgraded gloss black top finish and adds grained ivoroid top binding to perfectly frame this beautiful mandolin!
The Collings MTO Blackface Mandolin model features a carved & graduated Engelmann spruce top, solid flamed maple back & sides, proprietary cast tailpiece, radiused ebony fingerboard, and an X braced top with oval sound hole. This excellent sounding mandolin has slightly warmer rounded trebles then its cousin the MT but still packs plenty of punch and cut into every single note!!
Collings Custom MTO Blackface Mandolin
* bone nut width: 1 1/8″
* Scale Length: 13 7/8″
* radiused ebony fingerboard
* suspended fingerboard extension
* Body Width: 9 15/16″
* Body Length:12 7/8″
* Body Depth: 1 13/16″
* Total Length: 27 7/16″ (not including strap button)
* true carved & graduated Engelmann spruce top
* custom grained ivoroid top binding
* custom gloss black top finish
* matte sunburst finish on neck, back & sides
* X bracing
* true carved & graduated flamed maple back
* Fret wire: .078 wide – .044 high
* Fretboard markers at 5, 7, 10, 12 and 15
* Side position markers: 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15 and 17
* cast tailpiece
* $2880 USD with hardshell case
You can preview our videos now on Our YouTube Channel!
You can now Visit our Facebook page!