In 2010, a limited series – 55 each! — of Martin 1955 CFMIV guitars were produced to celebrate Christian F. Martin IV’s 55th birthday.
We’ve dug up a pair of these very limited production instruments, a D-18 (#40 of 55) and a D-28 (#24 of 55). They are brand new, with full Martin warranties available to the original purchaser.
The Martin 1955 CFMIV guitars are built to match Martin’s 1955 production specifications, with the exception of using Madagascar rosewood instead of Brazilian.
Martin D-28 1955 CFMIV, #24 of 55: $4550.00 CAD including case.
Martin D-18 1955 CFMIV, #40 of 55: $3399.00 CAD including case.
* Dovetail Neck Joint
* Solid Sitka Spruce Top
* Standard ”X” Rear-Shifted Top Bracing, non-scalloped
* Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16” Top Braces
* Solid Madagascar Rosewood Back (D-28) or Quilted Mahogany (D-18)
* Grained Ivoroid Binding
* Modified V Neck Profile
* Bone Nut 1-11/16?
* Solid/Long Diamond/Square Taper (1950s Rounded Corners) Headstock
* Solid Madagascar Rosewood Headplate
* Solid Ebony Fingerboard
* 25.4” Scale length
* Nut Width: 1-11/16”
* Gloss Nitro finish w/ Aging Toner
* Satin Neck Finish
* Solid Ebony Bridge 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop In Long Bone Saddle
* Kluson Nickel Waffleback Tuners w/ Oval Buttons
* Bone Bridge and End Pins w/ Black Dots
* Interior Label: Signed By CFM IV, Numbered 24 of 55 (D-28) or 40 of 55 (D-18)
* Includes Martin ‘Cabernet’ plush hardshell case
For more details or to purchase these instruments contact us here
The Martin D-28 1955 CFMIV:
The Martin D-18 1955 CFMIV:
You can preview our videos now on Our YouTube Channel!
You can now Visit our Facebook page!