New from Larrivee guitars and coming soon to the 12fret!
Larrivee D-40/OM-40 Legacy Rosewood: $1424
Larrivee D-40/OM-40 Legacy Mahogany: $1274
The D-40/OM-40 “Legacy” is a revolutionary new guitar from Larrivee. This new model born from years of research and testing features Jean Larrivee’s first new bracing pattern in over 46 years. The new “Scalloped Parabolic Hybrid” bracing system perfectly merges the strength, tonal balance, and clarity of Larrivee bracing, with the Bass response, depth, and volume you’d expect from a vintage dreadnaught.
The foundation for this new bracing system is our tried and true shaped “X” brace. Each of these “X” braces is hand shaped and voiced for the individual instrument and provides maximum strength between the bridge and sound hole. The real secret to the system however is the new Non-Symmetrical Scalloped Lateral Cross Braces. These braces move away from traditional “block” shaped braces into lightweight “tapered” braces with a traditional scallop (think suspension bridge).
They are engineered to provide maximum strength using the least possible material and with the smallest footprint possible allowing free vibration of the soundboard. In a standard Larrivee the lateral cross braces are perfectly symmetrical across the “X” brace connecting on the treble and bass side, but in the Scalloped Parabolic Hybrid system they connect only on the treble side and travel away at a carefully calculated angle. This change allows us to control the bass response of the instrument.
Available in Mahogany or Rosewood.
• Solid African Ebony Fretboard & Bridge
• Single piece Mahogany necks
• Genuine Canadian maple while the competition uses cheap plastic strips.
• CNC made bone saddle, bone nut, and bone bridge pins
• Mother of Pearl Logo
• Grover 18:1 open back tuners
• Non-shrink tortoise pick guard
• Double action truss rod (easily adjusted at full string tension)
• Re-enforcement for side mount electrics
• Durable acrylic satin finish, bold rope purfling, arch top case, and a lifetime warranty!
You can preview our videos now on Our YouTube Channel!
You can now Visit our Facebook page!