Harrison NJ-16 Neo Jazz
This NJ-16 is the 16″ version of the ground breaking Neo-Jazz model. The Neo-Jazz was designed to include some structural and visual changes that I had been wanting to incorporate. To achieve a fuller sound from the top I moved the position of the sound holes away from the center. This allows for the central section of the top to be wider and more directly effected by the bridge vibration.
The side port acts as a monitor to the player without reducing the forward sound projection. The top on this particular instrument is Sitka spruce, the back and sides are Big Leaf maple, the neck is hard maple and the fretboard, bridge, tailpiece and pickguard are African ebony. The pickup is a Bartolini 5J with a volume mounted to the pickguard, frets are 6150(medium jumbo) stainless steel.
Photos by David Wren
* Top – Master Grade Sitka Spruce
* Back/Sides – Highly Flamed Big Leaf Maple
* Neck – 3-piece Hard Flamed Maple
* Binding – cooked maple
* Fretboard/Tailpiece/Pickguard/Bridge – African Ebony
* Electronics – Bartolini 5J Pickup with pickguard-mounted volume control
* Nut Width – 1 3/4″
* Body – 16″ lower bout
* Tuners – Gotoh 510
* Multi side port
* Medium Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
* Finish – Nitrocellulouse lacquer
* Custom Ameritage Case
You can preview our videos now on Our YouTube Channel!
You can now Visit our Facebook page!