Deering GDL Greg Deering Limited Banjo
The Deering GDL Greg Deering Limited Banjo caries Greg Deering’s name due to the affection Greg has for this special banjo.
Elegant Abalone and pearl inlay and trim with Ivoroid binding beautifully sets off the highly figured English Curly Walnut neck and exotic burl walnut resonator.
English Walnut not only gives a sweetness to the trebles not normally heard in a bright banjo, it has beautiful figuring and burls.
This is a truly professional banjo that offers power, instant treble response and a lovely clear bell tone.
The Deering GDL model is regularly stocked at The Twelfth Fret.
Formal MAP list price is $5595.00 with case
Please see the links at the bottom of the post for a full listing of Deering banjos we carry, with prices.
Previous images of the Deering GDl:
• English Walnut Neck
• Intricate Inlays of Abalone and Pearl
• Triple Bound Peghead
• Hand Set Abalone Shell Trim with Ivoroid Binding
• High Grade Ebony Fingerboard
• Standard C-profile Slender Deering Neck Shape
• Bone Nut
• High Gloss Finish
• Deering -06- (Aught-6) 20-Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
• Deering Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Red-Maple Rim
• Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
• 11” Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
• 5/8” Maple/Ebony Signature Bridge
• Deering True Tone Tailpiece
• Nickel Plated Deering Zinc Flange and Hardware
• Rare & Exotic AAA figured Burl Walnut
• Hand Set Abalone Shell trim with Ivoroid Binding
• High Gloss Finish
• The Resonator Sides are Specially Tapered on the Inside for Projection of Tone. Another Deering banjo innovation.
English Walnut provides a very bright yet sweet sounding powerful professional banjo, with instant response and clear bell tone.
• Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4”
• Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4”
• Overall Instrument Length 38”
• Weight Approx. 11 lbs
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
For more details or to purchase this instrument contact us here
Check out some of the artists using Deering Bluegrass banjos
You can now Visit our Facebook page!
What we like: Deering Banjos
Deering Banjos, Tenbrooks Banjos, Vega Banjos, Goodtime Banjos — all made in the USA by the Deering Banjo company.
We keep an inventory of over 200 Deering banjos at all times, with 40 models including virtually all the Deering 5 string banjos, several Deering 6 string and Tenor models, plus the Vega open back 5 string models, the elite Tenbrooks 5 strings and a huge offering of the entry level Goodtime line of banjos.
Email or call any time with questions.
We have 6 full time luthiers on staff with the expertise to setup and service your instruments. All banjos we sill will be very thoroughly setup to suit your right hand attack and playing action expectations. Head tension, action, nut height, bridge and tailpiece positioning and installation of 5th string capo tacks are issues that we deal with as each and every banjo is sold. Plus there is no charge for follow-up adjustments on new banjos for the first year.