We are seeing more and more great flat top guitars with Madagascar rosewood these days. Madagascar is great choice for builders because its sound and look is so close to Brazilian rosewood at a much lower price. Being a little heavier than Brazilian, Dana hand picks the tops, sides and back to keep the overall weight down and ensure the response characteristics are maintained. With top and back woods picked primarily for their tone the Madagascar rosewood and Adirondack spruce on this guitar go a long way to augment the classic good looks of this dreadnought.
You know that when Dana Bourgeois decided to build a guitar for himself that it would be an absolute tone monster! The soundboard and tone woods on this guitar provide a beautiful balance between lush rich overtones and tons of fundamental clarity. I had a hard time finding the ceiling on this guitar as it continued to produce tone and volume the more aggressive my right hand got.
The DB Signature has it all, classic good looks and tone that will drive a dreadnought fan crazy!
* 1 23/32″ wide polished bone nut
* tropical mahogany neck with dart volute
* 25.5″ scale length
* soft-V neck profile
* gold plated precision Waverly tuners
* certified fossil ivory diamond & square fingerboard inlays
* adjustable truss rod
* low friction matte neck finish
* Madagascar rosewood peghead overlay
* Adirondack spruce top
* Madagascar rosewood back & sides
* Ebony belly bridge
* intonation compensated polished bone saddle
* curly Koa body binding with DB signature Herringbone
* highly beveled tortoiseshell pickguard
* gloss body finish
* deluxe hardshell case