The Martin Custom HD-28 has been quietly out-selling most other dreadnoughts of ANY brand name for the last ten years. The Martin Custom HD-28 Sunburst model is perhaps the perfect blend of vintage features and modern improvements with its traditional scalloped bracing pattern, tortoiseshell pickguard & herringbone marquetry combined with a modern low profile neck and intonation compensated bridge!
Martin has a long history of offering sunburst finishes on its instruments, dating back to the 1920’s. A number of months ago we special ordered this HD-28 with a light burst finish … set off nicely by the traditional herringbone marquetry, white body binding and tortoiseshell pickguard … what a gorgeous piece!
* 1 11/16″ wide bone nut
* ebony fingerboard
* 25.4″ scale length
* low profile neck shape
* vintage-style ‘dart’ neck volute
* bookmatched Sitka spruce top
* 5/16″ scalloped top bracing
* solid East Indian rosewood back & sides
* herringbone top marquetry
* ebony belly bridge
* intonation compensated bone saddle
* 2 1/8″ string spacing at bridge
* “tortoiseshell” pickguard
* zipper backstrip marquetry
* hardshell case
You can preview our videos now on Our YouTube Channel!
You can now Visit our Facebook page!