It is amazing to see the quality of instruments coming from Kentucky these days! Make no mistake about it, this KM-1000 Master Model mandolin is a serious contender in the professional mandolin field, with all solid wood construction, true carved & graduated American Red spruce top with tone bars, true carved & graduated Northern Michigan maple back & sides, Loar style bridge, engraved tailpiece, inlayed peghead, thin nitro finish and precision Gotoh 14:1 reverse tuners!
There seem to be plenty of manufacturers these days who are able to make mandolins that LOOK like an F-5, but they often fall quite short when is comes to SOUNDING like an F-5. The current version of Kentucky’s KM-1000 Master Model actually delivers that throaty midrange and cutting high end that we all associate with a really quality mandolin!
* 1 1/16″ wide
* bound rosewood fingerboard
* suspended fingerboard extension
* M.O.P. nut
* bound peghead with “Flowerpot” inlay
* engraved Gotoh 14:1 reverse tuners with removeable buttons
* one-piece flamed maple neck with dovetail joint
* 13 7/8″ scale length
* hand carved & graduated American Red spruce top
* hand carved & graduated
Northern Michigan maple back & sides
* vintage style bridge with small adjustment wheels
* engraved tailpiece with leather insert
* thin nitrocellulose finish