The Huber tone ring is an exact replica of the great “pre war” rings that were used in the classic flathead banjos of the 1930’s. Not close, not similar… an exact replica! Steve has duplicated the alloy and the hardness of the metal, producing a ring with the same sonic qualities that are found in the rings of vintage banjos selling for ten times the cost of a new Huber.
During the initial testing and development phase of the Huber tone ring, Steve actually did a chemical analysis of a number of very valuable and highly prized rings to determine the formula of the alloy. He also took painstakingly precise measuerments of these rings in order to determine the exact weight and dimensions.
The Huber rings are poured individually into sand cast molds and turned one at a time on a lathe to achieve the critical tolerances which Steve demands.
This new Lexington Model from Huber Banjos not only has that pre-war tone that Steve is famous for producing, but with it’s select flamed maple neck & resonator, heavy gold plating, hand engraved hardware and striking Golden Sunburst finish, it is quite easy on the eyes too!
* 1 3/16″ wide bone nut
* bound Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
* select curly maple neck & resonator
* shaded Golden Sunburst resonator finish
* 5th string tacks on 7 & 9th frets
* Planetary tuners
* geared 5th peg
* 2-way truss rod
* neck machined to exact pre-war specifications
* distinctive Lexington engraving
* heavy gold plating
* Huber pre war replica alloy tone ring
* Huber 3 ply hide glue rim
* Huber 5 ply pre war style resonator
* Huber steel coordinator rods
* one piece zinc flange
* Presto sytle tailpiece
* one piece armrest