Originally designed in 1987 as a prototype instrument, this radically new angular body was adopted by country picking legend Albert Lee and became his main stage and studio guitar. In 1993 Ernie Ball began offering the guitar to the public as the Albert Lee Signature model. In 1996, the Albert Lee line was broadened to include new colors and an optional Music Man vintage tremolo. The Ball Family Reserve series of guitars feature fine figured tone woods and finishes which are released in limited runs in order to offer the public instruments that were previously reserved for family and artists.
This Ball Family Reserve Albert Lee model features a birds eye maple neck, three Seymour Duncan custom single coil pickups with the MusicMan Silent Circuit, contoured ash body with quilted maple cap, pearloid pickguard, 5-bolt no shift neck joint … and a lovely pink burst finish! The light contoured body along with a remarkably comfortable neck make this instrument hard to put down and the three Seymour Ducan custom single coil pickups in conjunction with the proprietary Silent Circuit gives this guitar excellent tonal versatility!
* 1 19/32″ wide intonation compensated bone nut
* neck finished in low friction oil/wax formula
* 10″ fingerboard radius
* Birds eye maple neck
* 25 1/2″ scale length
* Schaller M-6 IND locking tuners
* 5 bolt no-shift neck joint
* Ash body with quilted maple cap
* trem bridge
* sheilded cavity and pickguard
* 3 Seymour Duncan custom single coil pickups
* patented “Silent Circuit” reduces hum
* deluxe molded hardshell case