Yes, I know that I’ve already featured the single coil version of Taylor’s Classic model electric guitar … but this one looks so classy I just had to show you. I love the Trans Red finish over the strong grain pattern of a Swamp Ash body … with a bit of Mother-of-pearl pickguard and chrome hardware to add a bit of flash.
Check out Richard Smyth’s mp3 of this guitar too. He decided on a great “in-between” neck and middle pickup sound that has so much wood in the tone it is almost acoustic sounding … then rocks out with the middle/bridge combo with a bit of overdrive … what a great tone!
* 1 11/16″ wide nut
* rosewood fingerboard on maple neck
* 24 3/4″ scale length
* medium/low elliptical neck profile
* proprietary T-lock neck joint
* proprietary Taylor noiseless single coil pickups
* proprietary Taylor fully adjustable aluminum bridge
* Master Volume & proprietary Tone control circuit
* solid swamp ash body
* Trans Red finish (also available in Natural, Trans White & Black)
* Taylor hardshell case
And here’s a sample of the guitar, as played by Richard Smyth: