This is without a doubt, the nicest new thinline semi-acoustic that Gibson has offered since the ’50s. The new ES-339 is finally addressing what players have been requesting for years … namely, a 335 style guitar that is smaller … more of a solidbody size.
This new ultra comfortable 14″ body is a full 2″ smaller than the 335 and features the same construction, with a pristine gloss nitro lacquer finish, full length internal sustain block and ’57 Classic humbuckers … selling for over $500.00 less than its larger cousin!
Is this going to be a popular model? Well let’s just say that our first two came in on Friday. One was purchased on the spot by a staff member and the other sold Saturday. Don’t worry though, we have more on the way!
* 1 11/16″ wide nut
* bound rosewood fingerboard
* 24 3/4″ scale length
* one piece tropical mahogany neck
* adjustable truss rod
* Schaller vintage-style tuners
* 14 1/8″ wide lower bout dimension
* 1 3/4″ deep sides
* double cutaway semi-acoustic
* full length internal sustain block
* ’57 Classic humbucking pickups
* available in “30/60 thin” or “59 thick” neck profiles
* available in Antique Red, Antique Vintage Sunburst
& Light Caramel Burst
* nitro lacquer finish
* Gibson hardshell case