The Twelfth Fret ~ Since 1977 ~

Bacon And Day

Around 1906, Frederick Bacon, a prominent banjo player, started the Bacon Manufacturing Company to produce banjos – though for the first while other companies actually built them.  

By 1920, the Bacon company had taken space in Groton, Connecticut and was actively building banjos of their own design.  

In 1922, David L. Day joined the company as a designer; while the banjos produced were then called Bacon and Day, the company name didn’t change.

Bacon, and Bacon and Day, operated independently until 194o when they were purchased by Gretsch;  the line was discontinued in 1967. 

No Bacon and Day items for sale at this time


Guitarists’ Pro Shop
2132 Danforth Avenue
Toronto, Ontario  M4C 1J9 CANADA
○ Sales: +416•423•2132
○ Service: +416•423•1554